Saturday, September 12, 2009

Neolaia/Pathos: New.Youth.Passion - Opening Night


I got back from Chicago the other night and thought I'd post some info and pics from the opening of my exhibit in Chicago.

First off, the Museum itself, though small by museum standards, is a wonderful space with an impressive permanent collection and a large amount of rotating gallery space for their many exhibitions. Over 200 people came to the opening in what turned out to be the biggest turnout for an opening night in museum history. There were also a slew of people from various national and international media outlets interviewing the artists and curators. Thanks to the friends that came and a special thanks to Allison Heller from the museum who coordinated an extremely well organized and beautifully displayed event. Thanks also to Mary Antonakos and Diane Kastiaficas for curating the show and of course for selecting me!

I have posted some pics here as well as on the Atelier | Romanos page on Facebook. The show will be up through the first week of January, so I encourage you to go through if you happen to be in Chicago.






DR

No comments: