Thursday, December 6, 2007

NYC Opening

New paintings by Demetrius Romanos and Marcus Fletcher - This Saturday, December 8th from 8-10pm at Grounded in New York. This will be the first NYC opening for the Cincinnati based artists.




"These pieces are the fusion of my work as a designer and as an artist. I feel a deep need to explore and capture the chaos and instability of nature while bringing a certain order to all of it, satisfying my need for balance."

-Demetrius Romanos



"Within my work, I try to create movement and balance with a feeling of complex simplicity. The line is important and color aids the line or curve in its motion throughout the canvas. There are far too many academic influences to mention in this limited space but I believe that without trust and belief none of this would have been possible."

-Marcus Fletcher





No comments: