Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Update


I have not posted in quite some time so I thought I'd better update with what's been going on with me since the last show I did at Red Tree so you wouldn't think I was abducted by aliens or something.

Since mid-February I've been traveling almost weekly. New York, Chicago, Milan, Geneva, Boston, Bentonville, and a few I'm forgetting. While primarily business travel, I've spent as much time as possible trolling galleries and collecting ideas and ephemera for my new work. And catching up on sleep.

I've also recently submitted some work for admission into a really big show in Chicago and I'll find out in early May if I've been accepted. At this point all I can do is cross my fingers and wait. Aside from that, I have been rearranging my current studio and looking for a new space to possibly move to. I need space to work larger and store my inventory.

So, I will be working on new pieces this spring and summer and am also currently planning a private show with a couple of my fellow artists that we'll likely be doing in Cincinnati in late May. I'll post details on that opening when we get it sorted out.

DR

*BTW, the picture above is of an espresso I had in Geneva last month. Mmmm...fuel....

No comments: